About The Week
National Interfaith Week, this year occurs between Sunday 11th November 2018 and Sunday 18th November 2018.
Building good relationships and working partnerships between people of different faiths and beliefs is part of the year-round work of many people and organisations across the UK.
Having a special Week provides a focal point, helping to open inter faith activity up to a wider audience so that more and more people are made aware of the importance of this vital work and are able to participate in it.
The three aims of Interfaith Week are:
- to strengthen interfaith relations at all levels;
- increase awareness of the different and distinct faith communities in the UK, in particular celebrating and building on the contribution which their members make to their neighbourhoods and to wider society;
- and to increase understanding between people of religious and non-religious beliefs.
Anyone can take part in Inter Faith Week and hold Inter Faith Week events.
Inter Faith Week is for everyone. Some of the many kinds of organisations who have participated in previous Weeks include:
- faith communities and their places of worship
- community and voluntary groups
- inter faith bodies
- youth groups
- schools and SACREs
- institutions of further and higher education
- local authorities and other public agencies
- sports organisations
- businesses and workplaces
- TV and radio stations
- and many others
Some of the activities which have been successful in the past include:
- interfaith discussions on topics of interest;
- exchange visits between different places of worship;
- open days in places of worship;
- interfaith walks visiting different faith buildings en route;
- events focusing around food;
- faith school open days;
- seminars focusing on health issues; and many more.
We are keen to encourage even more organisations to organise an activity, including faith communities; places of worship; community and voluntary groups; interfaith bodies; youth groups; education institutions; hospital chaplaincies; museums; City Council and businesses. To ensure that activities are coordinated, avoid duplication, and that they are publicised, please contact us to discuss your suggestion, or if you are at the planning stage please send us the details. Please click on the link below to submit your event details