Date: Sunday, 3rd May 2020 | Time: tbc
Due to COVID19, the usual in-person event had to be cancelled and hence BCF and Birmingham Scouts are now organising a virtual Faiths for Fun Event to continue its Annual legacy for the 12th year in a row. This virtual event will be the first of its kind in the history of Faiths for Fun Event and we are very excited to be hosting this.
- To engage children, aged 7-12 years
- To encourage faith harmony
Zoom Event Itinerary
- Welcome Speech: Dr. Peter Rookes to welcome the audience and set the event ambience. (5-8mins)
- Base-holders demonstrate an activity to illustrate some aspect of their faith (5mins each baseholder)
- Activities Overview: Peter to explain the activities competition available for the participants on the BCF and Scout website and also to let them know the deadline for the activities and inform participants that certificates will be issued for all participants. There will also be a prize in each category, ie 7-9 years, 10-12 years, youngster with Special Educational Needs or Disability (10 mins)
Total Duration: 1 hour approx.
Below are suggested activities for the participants to carry out. Each participants may choose more than one activity.
- Draw your own Faith Flag: This activity enables the children to showcase how they see their own faith and express it into a flag for others to see their expression.
- Draw a Multi-Faith Flag: Draw/design a multifaith flag. This enables the children to express their understanding of multi faith symbols in the world (or Birmingham, UK).
- Draw Your Place of Worship
- Design a Logo: Design a Faiths for Fun Logo
- Banner Design: Design a Faiths for Fun Banner (portrait style)
- Make an artefact representing their own faith
- Design a Get Well Soon Card for Sick Patients around the world (This could then be printed and displayed at NEC Makeshift Hospital or QE (where possible).
- Write a Faith or Interfaith Poem
For more information and registrations, please click here.
All submitted artwork will be uploaded to BCF Website Gallery for public viewership. (Subject to consent from participants. All copyright belongs to the art creators, ie participants)